|I think blogs should have pictures. The subject of this one is pretty obvious!|
Let’s just start with last month’s list. I may experiment with some fonts, for interest.
- Do that big work thing that needs finishing before honeymoon. Sorry to be so vague, but work and internet don’t mix well. I did that thing. It worked out well. It’s actually an exceedingly boring admin task. It got done
- Throw out a whole bunch of garbage and empty boxes in my house. I did some of this. So, maybe half? I still have some cardboard from wedding gift boxes. In my defense, the recycling room is in the garage of my building, I clean when the boys are sleeping, and I can’t leave them alone to recycle.
- Drink the open bottles of wine from the wedding before they go bad, or give them away. We threw out a half bottle of spoiled wine - out of about 12 bottles! Good drinking me!
- Get some pictures printed of our wedding photo, to enclose in thank you notes. Um… I have the digital prints… I just have to choose and print one.
- Send thank you notes. Nope. None of them. Worst bride ever!
- Read more awesome books. Funny story, I decided to put my plan to read all of the Pulitzer prize winners on hold before the wedding, and just read a light paperback romance - you know, to relax. So right before I left for work on Friday, I quickly pulled a book form my “cheesy-paperback” shelf. Got on the bus for my 45 minute commute, opened up, and realized I misfiled my books, and had picked up a paperback of Toni Morrison’s Beloved. Yup, that one, about rape and slavery. Also a Pulitzer winner - so that’s what I’m doing. I’ve been doing so much reading I maxed out my annual library hold limit in 4 months. Also, I gave up on Beloved.
- Reorganize my kitchen, as we got a lot of awesome kitchen stuff. Nope. Not at all. Gifts are in boxes stacked on the table,
- Give away old kitchen stuff - bye bye grad school plates, hello new plates! REgistry mix up means the new stuff never arrived… but the prmise within 2 weeks.
- Buy a new dining room set to replace the Ikea stuff I bought second hand in grad school. I thought about this? A lot? But did nothing.
- Sign the boys up for activities for the fall. Nope. But I know what to sign them up for…
- Learn to bake using my new stand mixer in apple green which looks amazing. I made pancakes and cookies. Next up, a souffle!
- Send some paintings out into the world. This just requires making it to the post office. I did! I made it to the post office, and just gave some to people in town!
Ok, now here’s where I’m going to list what I’ve done in the past month. Next I’ll do my to do list. I’m reminding myself of the format, not you. Also, I don’t know why my kids aren’t wearing pants right now, but they aren’t. And I forgot to cook dinner.
- Went on a fabulous honeymoon to a nearby resort town. Saved money by driving to a local place, less than 2 hours away. Spent said money on a luxury hotel with a series of hot tubs overlooking the mountains with nice waiters bringing me $12 milkshakes full of booze. That was awesome. Also, we ate a lot of fancy food! And hiked.
- After a long discussion about what we want from life, I decided to pursue full time work at some point soon. The following day, an opportunity arose, and now I am full time…. It’s been an adjustment, but we have a full time Nanny, and we’ll see. My new position has room for several projects I’ve been hoping for - something I couldn’t squeeze in part time, so professionally, it’s cool.
- Cooked a lot. Even better, my husband has been cooking too, and we’re figuring out how to split the housework now that we’re both full time.
- After a lot of thought about home organizing, I went to the library and got out some books. Just so you know, these rarely help. I read a lot of books on how to declutter and organize your life - I could write one. I just don’t do any of those things. But I’m starting small. This afternoon I reorganized W’s closet - moved all the shelves and bars, and made it livable. More to come in the following section.
- I finally painted the damn bathroom shelf white. Now I just need it to dry, so I can hang it. It took months, I feel like an idiot….
And finally, here’s the stuff I want to do:
- Get some pictures printed of our wedding photo, to enclose in thank you notes.
- Send thank you notes.
- Read more awesome books.
- Reorganize my kitchen, as we got a lot of awesome kitchen stuff.
- Give away old kitchen stuff - bye bye grad school plates, hello new plates!
- Buy a new dining room set to replace the Ikea stuff I bought second hand in grad school.
- Sign the boys up for activities for the fall.
- Learn how to make a souffle.
- Make fancy drinks involving egg white.
- Make more ice cream in my new ice cream maker.
- Organize: The goal is to do one room at a time until the whole house is done. Then I guess I start again. First up, the master bedroom and bath.
- Hang out with my friends
- Buy potties to begin toilet training.
And I think that just about does it. Now I have a poo to change. Does it ever end?