Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Married!

Boys in matching vests, admiring the scenery between photos
Ok, so first things first. We got married! I got everything done, and the wedding could not have been more perfect. I’m just thrilled, and I had a sneak peak at the photos, and they look fabulous. I’ll post some… though I know all my readers are on facebook and/or came to the wedding, so you’ve seen how awesome I looked. 
But now, it’s back to reality. Honeymoon in a few days, then reality. I actually got a bunch of tasks done earlier in the day, so I can start from scratch.

  • Do that big work thing that needs finishing before honeymoon. Sorry to be so vague, but work and internet don’t mix well.
  • Throw out a whole bunch of garbage and empty boxes in my house
  • Drink the open bottles of wine from the wedding before they go bad, or give them away
  • Get some pictures printed of our wedding photo, to enclose in thank you notes
  • Send thank you notes.
  • Read more awesome books. Funny story, I decided to put my plan to read all of the Pulitzer prize winners on hold before the wedding, and just read a light paperback romance - you know, to relax. So right before I left for work on Friday, I quickly pulled a book form my “cheesy-paperback” shelf. Got on the bus for my 45 minute commute, opened up, and realized I misfiled my books, and had picked up a paperback of Toni Morrison’s Beloved. Yup, that one, about rape and slavery. Also a Pulitzer winner - so that’s what I’m doing.
  • Reorganize my kitchen, as we got a lot of awesome kitchen stuff
  • Give away old kitchen stuff - bye bye grad school plates, hello new plates!
  • Buy a new dining room set to replace the Ikea stuff I bought second hand in grad school.
  • Sign the boys up for activities for the fall
  • Learn to bake using my new stand mixer in apple green which looks amazing.
  • Send some paintings out into the world. This just requies making it to the post office


As always, it’s just a start. But, as I am super happy and caffinated today, it feels really doable.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm so glad I got to go. You really looked super awesome (not that you don't all the time).

    Where's the honeymoon? Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! Congratulations! I really wish I could have been there...

    ReplyDelete