Sunday, March 18, 2012

Back to it...

I know I don't keep up with stuff, like Blogs, but I am revitalized by a week off of work with childcare (the first one ever) where I got a lot done.  So, the old list, and I will comment and add:
  • Cook a proper dinner at least 4 nights a week - I think I did this.  Wait, do scrambled eggs count?  I'm going with yes.
  • Make (and keep) some new friends this year - Not really.  But, I did spend time with old friends, does that count?
  • Plan a wedding - Awesome!  Bought a dress, ordered invitations, started guest list. 
  • Organize my closet - Check!  I even forgot this was on the list and yet I still did it
  • Make a photo album for my boys’ first birthday (note, I’m already 6 months late) - nothing.  It's paper book you order online with digital pictures...
  • Figure out how to get my itunes playlists off my old computer and onto the new -I researched whether the cloud thingy could help.  It can't
  • Sell old computer - need to do above first!
  • Get out of the house with my boys most days I’m not working - Every day but Wednesday, when it rained and we were all sick.  I also spent one on one time with each boy, thanks to having a sitter.
  • Keep up the blog for at least a while.Um.  Not so much,
  • Rearrange our home office / playroom / stroller storage - I did unpack a box, and clear off my desk.  I think that counts.
 And to add to the list:
  •  Go out alone 1 night this week
  • Move the old bookcase out of the living room
  • Buy a new table 
  • Take box of old junk to Goodwill
  •  Hang a new shelf in the bathroom
And finally, to make me feel better, stuff that I did do!
  •  Make dentist appointment - check!
  • Arrange for kids doctor appointment - check!
  • Fix dryer
  • Make it to the bank to rearrange investments
So, thanks dear reader(s), if you comment it will inspire me to write more.  So, thanks!

4 comments:

  1. In the meantime, my major recent achievement was arranging for a cleaning service to come and do our apartment from top to bottom before baby comes. This took three weeks, for some reason. (Mainly having to do with our apartment being super hard to find, and it all being difficult to schedule.) But it's not lost on me that:

    1. "before the baby comes" will still be two days after my due date.

    and

    2. it took me three weeks to arrange for other people to do our housework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, you updated your blog before I updated mine! You're ahead of the game in my book!

    I definitely love seeing updates here. Looking forward to the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! And i? We decided to get a regular cleaner in August. Haven't gotten one yet. Place is not as clean as I'd like... but clean enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually not so huge on things being super clean... but it's hurt to bend over for a while now, so things like bathtubs are starting to get to me. And I figure cleaning won't get any easier once the baby comes!

    I don't wear my glasses inside the apartment, so I miss quite a bit, which is good for my sanity. But if I can see the problem without my glasses... hmmm...

    ReplyDelete