Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gettin' 'er done

Screw my old to do lists, I’m starting fresh. Let’s begin with what I did this past while (It’s been more than a week, but let’s pretend)

  • Booked a marriage officiant! Yes, we are getting married
  • Got most of the addresses for wedding invites, invitations in the mail. Not really my doing, but I’m happy to take credit
  • Hung out with some friends. I even went to a party this weekend for a new friend, which was lovely
  • Read blogs and kept tabs on some of my old friends, including my 2 followers. Yup, I now have two!
  • Made fresh healthy food… for my kids. I had takeout tacos for dinner
  • Filed my taxes. Yes, this wasn’t optional, but I still am taking credit
  • Did a whack of laundry… and magically, all of the dirty hampers are full again. Possibly because my son S is super into putting stuff into hampers. It’s hard to tell what’s dirty and what’s clean….
  • Survived a week of hell:
    • W, my significant other, spent a long weekend out of town for a family wedding. The following week, he had a week long workshop and about 20 hours of extra grading to finish… by the end of the week. Thus, I did over a week of solid single mom work, and I have to say, it’s tough. It is so tough. I did it, and W finished off all of his work, and so now I am doing… nothing.

So what do I have to do?
 
  • Submit some insurance forms. I hate paperwork.
  • Tidy my closet… The new game of “pull Mommy’s clothes out of the closet and roll in them” is getting old fast.
  • Cook more. But fresh food. Eat vegetables
  • Buy less Starbucks out. Starbucks, be less delicious. I’m talking to you raspberry truffle cake pops.

I think that’s all I have right now. If you want me to blog more, leave suggestions of what to talk about in the comments… here are some things I was thinking about complaining about:
 
  • Women who knit during conferences
  • Attachment parenting
  • People who don’t get vaccines.
  • People who use the word “statistics” when they are in fact not talking about statistics
  • Two sided Hypothesis tests
  • Bankers who hate math
  • Childbirth fanatics who say that natural childbirth should be wonderful and pain free
  • The cable company
  • Why doesn’t Netflix Canada have classic Melrose Place?

5 comments:

  1. Dude, I just watched the baby videos. I am coming to where you live and STEALING YOUR BABIES! Damn, are they ever cute. They are so cute, that with a newborn sleeping in the next room, I still want to come over and take yours. You can make more, right?

    The best part of my natural childbirth was when I got about five different catheters threaded into me. In other words, it was the medicine. Oh, lovely medicine, with chemicals and pokey things and scalpels and such. I would so have been dead a hundred years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I wish I had two followers! I don't think I have a single one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I follow both of your blogs! That counts as two followers, right? And I'm counting you as a follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, wait, wait. You have baby videos?

    I'm quite interested in hearing about your complaints, especially the statistics related ones...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *am* following your blog! Officially, and everything.

    ReplyDelete