Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Diet Continues

How’s the diet going? Well! I do have the world’s most unreliable scale, but over a week I lost around 2.5 lbs. It may not seem like a lot but it has the following results:

  • All my jeans zip easily.
  • I feel better about myself.
  • I cooked dinner and made myself lunch almost every day, so that helped on my list.
  • I didn’t really exercise - just walked a lot. Which is good, but I need more

Here’s where you come in: I’ve had some feedback about exercise. Yes, I hate running, but I actually hate all exercise while I’m doing it, so there. Now, reader i, who has an awesome blog about exercise videos, you can help me pick out an appropriate video to begin with yoga. My yoga background: started at 17, practiced on and off for years, but haven’t done anything in about 3 or 4 years. So, beginner again.
But food isn’t everything, so here we go:

  • Finish sorting my closet
  • Continue the good cooking work
  • Tidy the house for 15 minutes after the boys go to bed, before checking email. Speaking of which…
  • Email checked. Take all my maternity clothes out of my clothing rotation. It’s really not cool, the boys are almost 2.
  • Enjoy the summer!
  • Read more good books

I think that’s all. Just a quick post…. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I can do that!

    And I didn't know you started yoga at 17! Where was I during this?

    You're not really a beginner, since you'll have familiarity with a lot of yoga... one of my favourite yoga videos, actually, my favourite, is Suzanne Deason's Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss (from Gaiam). It's actually not much good for weight loss, as it's more slow and careful than fast and sweaty. But I love it -- it's great for when I want to stretch and feel good and really relax, but don't want something super hard. It's my go-to video. (Review here: http://atisheh.blogspot.com/2009/07/review-suzanne-deasons-yoga.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And congrats on the weight loss! It's great when it happens through walking and cooking... then you also know it's maintainable.

    ReplyDelete